PDF will be emailed to you after purchase.
Madagasgar Jasmine, or Stephanotis, are
romantic flowers that whisper of misty mornings, sultry afternoons filled with
perfume that no chemist can match, quite. They populate the bouquets of brides
and bridal parties. Paired with little rosettes, they are fabulously delicate on
bags, on the lapels of jackets, around the necklines of sweaters. Make knit and
felt Noni's Stephanotis & Rosettes in pastels with embellished yarn and they are
ethereal. Make them in darker tones for luxurious floral richness. Imagine the
possibilities and you can knit them. . .
Yarn Requirements and
Materials (makes a bouquet of flowers)
1 sk each (~ 75 - 250 yds) of worsted weight yarn in the
Bouquet of Stephanotis: col 1, moss green and col 2,
natural or pale pink
Bouquet of Roses Blossoms: Use ruby red or bright red for a
darkly beautiful bag. Use paler colors for a more ethereal beauty.
US 6 (4mm) dpn
Lock stitch markers (used as holders)
Tapestry needle, Sewing needle, & like color sewing thread
Optional 2 mm seed beads or tiny sequins to embellish
Pictured flowers were made with Tilli Tomas's Flurries. The
Stephanotis were made with Flurries in Cream with Moss stems and the rosettes
were made with Flurries in Hope.
Suggested fine worsted weight wool or alpaca yarns:
- Tilli Tomas's Flurries (100% Merino, 70 yds/skein) for
- Tilli Tomas's Whistler (100% Merino, 112 yds/skein) for
- Plymouth's Galway (100% wool, 210 yds/ball).
- Louet's Riverstone (100% wool, 193 yds/skein).
- Stonehedge Fiber Mill's Shepherd's Wool (USA made 100%
Merino, 250 yds/skein).
- Nashua Fibers' Creative Focus Worsted (75% wool, 25%
Alpaca, 220 yds).
- Wool allergies? Try felting Alpaca: Tree Frog Yarns'
Alpaca, Blue Sky Alpaca, Misti Alpaca, and Plymouth Baby Alpaca all in worsted