After purchase follow the links on my website to download this PDF.
Dancing Princesses Coat
& leg warmers (in straight and flared styles) are fashioned
after the romantic little coats that the 12 Dancing Princesses most certainly
would have slipped on over the silks chiffon dresses and brocades they wore each
night to dance with the 12 Princes. . . if the underground passages they trod
held a chill.
Make in a solid color or in colors that dazzle: the color work
is simple - perfect for a first project. Fancy enough to leave unembellished,
but also the perfect canvas for the apple blossom flowers included in the
pattern. The perfect coat for your little dancer!
Yarn Requirements &
Materials Coat Sizes 2T 3T 4T 5T 6 8
solid color (skeins, ~ 250 yds each) 3 3 4 4 5 6
bi-color (MC/CC skeins) 2/1 2/2 3/2 3/3 4/3 4/3
Needles & Notions US 7 (4.5mm) 32"/80 cm
1 pkg split ring or lock ring markers
Tapestry needle, sewing needle & sewing or nylon beading
thread and 10 - 14 .5" buttons
Cover samples: Both pictured coats were made in Stonehedge
Fiber Mill's Shepherd's Wool. Blue Coat: MC Light Turquoise with CC Misty Blue.
Slouchy leg warmers in Misty Blue. The cherry blossoms were made in Tilli Tomas'
Flurries in Candy with pale yellow Fizz centers. Pink Coat: MC Hot Pink with CC
Orange. Flared leg warmers in Orange with Hot Pink dots.
Anything with this gauge and some spring to it will
work. Consider these:
- Nashua Handknits' Creative Focus Worsted, 75% Alpaca, 25%
Wool (220 yds/ball).
- Nashua Handknits' Julia, 50% Wool, 25% Alpaca, 25% Mohair
- Plymouth's Royal Cashmere, 100% Cashmere (125 yds/ball)
- Plymouth Bristol Yarn Gallery's Somerset, 85% Pima
Cotton, 15% Silk (115 yds/ball).
- Plymouth Earth's Oceanside Organic Cotton, 100% cotton
- Skacel's Divine, 70% Alpaca, 20% Silk, 10% Cashmere (110
- Skacel's Schulana Merino Cotton 90, 53% wool, 47% cotton